Saturday, May 30, 2009

Where we are now ...

We got home here at about 8 pm. We were excited to be returning home (I was eager to see check on progress in the garden) but we both heaved a sigh of dread at returning to reality, with a different perspective. A friend of mine recently shared a comment that I liked. We make our return to reality and we start going again just like it's normal, but I feel like I should be able to wear a sign that says, My Dad Just Died. I know I will find my own personal way to wear a sign of sorts that allows me to honor his memory and keep him close to me.

Anyway, the point of this post is to share our thankfulness for amazing friends. We walked into our house expecting a healthy dose of reality - the kind that comes when you walk into a house full of the madness that comes when you quickly left a week ago.

But to my surprise, our house is spotless. Everything is in order, stacks are in place, the diapers that were in the dryer are stacked in a laundry basket, even the kitchen faucet is shinier than it's been since we viewed the house with our realtor! And the fridge is stocked with milk & eggs (my staple requirements for a happy morning), and the counter has bananas & avocados. The stairs are vacuumed. And there are enchiladas in the fridge.

To my dear friend or friends who helped with this project, THANK YOU. Thank you for knowing what I need to help be able to sit quietly and process. I am looking forward to a quiet and relaxed evening - and weekend - because of you.

And thank you to the Hagertys for your support in Boise. Thanks for helping to host a houseful of people and for protecting us from too many phone calls and dirty dishes.

We are so blessed. 'Nuff said.

No comments: