Friday, May 22, 2009

Hard News

I am typing with heavy hands and afraid to say hard words that are only too true. My dad was killed last night as he was riding his bike to Home Depot to run an errand. I feel like I'm exaggerating, except that there's no exaggeration. My dad died. My dad died.

I am finding peace at moments, and aching deeply at so many others. Please pray for us. Pray for Pat, pray for Graham, and pray for me. We are here in Boise, and we are glad to be with family.

See these photos of my dad on my brother's blog: http://neckbeard.wordpress.com/. Also, you can find a news report from our local station on this website (http://www.2news.tv/news/local/45882772.html - right now it's on their home page at www.2news.tv). It has a pretty incredible picture of my dad biking many years ago. I couldn't believe it was him.

We love him so much! And I am so thankful for all the days and years we had ... and I don't know what else to say right now.

thank you,

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

Molly, my eyes are full of tears once again for you and your family as I read this blog. We heard on Thursday night and have not stopped praying for you... we will continue. Know if there is anything we can do we are here.

apemarie said...

Molly, we will be faithful to pray for you, Pat, Graham, Andy and your mom! I'm so sorry. I love you ~ April

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

Molly, my heart broke when I read the news about your dad. It sounds like he was an amazing man and undoubtly now in the arms of Jesus. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you, for your family, for your mom... please let me know what I can do for you when you return to Vancouver. Call, email, go through Nicole... I am willing to be what is needed. School is out in a few weeks and I will be even more available then... Love in Him... Bree