Sunday, May 24, 2009

Update

We're doing well. Today it rained a light rain, enough to wet the ground and raise up a strong smell of healthy rain. That really helped me feel good. I had a much better morning just because it started off cool and smelled so amazing. We went to church as a family, with my dad's brother Dan, wife Shelly and the two of their four kids who were able to make it into town. It was hard, as we kind of expected, but good because we knew there isn't anywhere my mom would rather be on a Sunday morning.

Our friends the Hagertys are here with us. We're so thankful for their support! Nicole is doing a lot of the dish-washing and slicking up, setting out food for the group and making sure all of us are eating and drinking. Not to mention the occasional gut checks and reminding us to find time to step away from all the activity and find time to be quiet and process through things.

My dad's middle brother, Ken, came in tonight with his wife Pam and their three kids. They used to live here in Boise. Tonight was hard having everyone together and realizing that Dad wasn't going to walk around the corner to join in the reunion. I actually needed to leave the house for a while to process again the fact that things are going to be very different for us going forward.

Tomorrow we're all having dinner with Pastor Bruce at my Uncle Ric's house (my mom's brother), to reminisce together and talk about the service. I'm looking forward to that.

I am so thankful for the time that my Dad had with Graham.

No comments: