Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My little soft boy ...

I just came downstairs after sitting with my little soft boy on my lap, after he woke up from his afternoon nap. It struck me that the other afternoon, I was walking back to my office after a bathroom break when I had a vivid memory of how it feels to lay my chin on the back of his head. This afternoon I sat like this for maybe 5 whole minutes ... as long as he would let me sit quietly with him on my lap ... his activities alternating between kicking feet and pumping hands in the air. I feel this is one of those moments that will be so fleeting - how many more months will he sit on my lap? For how many more weeks will the top of his head be at just the right height that my chin will softly rest on his warm skin and hair, or his shoulder able to tuck right into the nape of my neck?

We often dress Graham in shirts and pants ... these clothes that make him look cleverly grown-up - a sweet little tiny man. When I saw him in his pajamas on Saturday morning, I remembered that he won't be this little for long. I am finding now that I crave seeing him in these one piece outfits ... the softer and snugglier the better - for me of course. Maybe the next time you see us, he'll be in little footed pajamas ... he has the rest of his life to dress in grown-up clothes ... for now I want to keep him little for as long as possible.

That's what I'm thinking now ... here are some pics for your enjoyment.

At breakfast with friends a few weeks ago:




At Lowe's on March 6 - I bought myself flowers and planted them in the backyard a few days before my birthday - shortly after this the weather went crazy and it started snowing and freezing again (yes, it snowed on my birthday!). This day, March 6, it was beautiful and amazing, and G sat outside with my in his activity center while I planted 16 golden yellow primroses (they still look great!) . He loves these carts - hands on the wheels and everything. He attracted so much attention from one couple that I felt comfortable asking them to take a picture of us together.


3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

i so know what you mean about the one-piece footed outfits. i kept maddie in those as long as she would fit for exactly the same reason. everytime i start to get weary of one of her behaviors, i remind myself that i will probably be wishing for this stage someday when she's 16!

great photo of you two at the nursery :)

Den Mom said...

Molly,
It is soooo true. Joshua is almost 14 and 5'11". I just bought him size 12 shoes! I keep begging him to become a wee baby again so I can cuddle with him....exactly what you are enjoying with Graham. The time flies by so quickly. Keep writing about it so you have vivid memories as he grows up.

Remember.....cuddling Joshua the first day of college??? He was 6 weeks old!

Hugs,
Auntie

Andrew said...

I love the pic when he's driving and looking over his shoulder. He's practicing SMOG.

Signal
Mirror
Over the shoulder
GO!