Sunday, March 15, 2009

Quilt #1

We have a few special blankets for Graham that I wanted to "profile" on the blog ... two from each Grandmother, pretty neat if you ask me.

In December, my mom, Graham's Grandmother Kathy, gave Graham the quilt she had been working on for several months. I had drafted a post to share this quilt with all of you, but I got frustrated trying to pull in some of the pictures and gave it up a while ago. I decided to pick it up again today, and just deal with the fact that my pictures won't all pull in correctly. I think you'll still be able to get the gist. I'll also share some of the special other quilts Graham has received.

Isn't this fun?! There are lots of different cars, trucks, semis, construction equipment, you name it! You can't see them in the picture, but there are dogs quilted into the center block. And the backing is blue fabric with engineering & construction drawings - the same as the curtain's in G's room.

I have this draped on the back side of Graham's crib right now, and he enjoys batting at it when he is trying to fall alseep, or after he wakes up before we come in. In a few months he'll enjoy driving his cars on the road that runs around the border of the quilt.





1 comment:

AK-mom said...

Thanks. So fun to see . .

Hopefully his Granddad can finish some cars to put on the road around the quilt.