Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Greetings from Washington!

I recently learned from a couple of friends that they do check our blog periodically for updates and pictures, so I decided maybe I should provide a few updates. It's been over 1 month since my last update, and I know I tend to wonder about other folks when they wait that long between posts.

Graham is eight months old, a fact that never ceases to amaze me. It also never ceases to amaze me that he has gained so much dexterity with his hands - and his legs! Although he is not crawling yet, he does a pretty remarkable job moving around on his little toosh. He turns, and leans and reaches, and makes do very well.

In fact, at daycare the other day, he fell asleep on the floor - leaning forward (folded in half!) with his head on his little feet. They sent me pictures taken using their phone (gmail is not letting me download to share with you). It looked like his monkey is on his lap, so I think he probably leaned down to put it in his mouth, a habit which is very comforting to him. In this instance, he must have been so comforted that he just gave in and fell asleep.

Our sweet boy seems to be able to say "Hi" - he coos a little "AA-eee" at people when he first sees them ... accompanied by a funny little arm wave. I realize now how often I greet him with a soft little "Hi" - I do believe I say it when ever I see him looking for me! Well, he'll be a social little guy, thanks to my constant greeting.

Graham loves his daddy. When G and I are upstairs in his room eating, or when I'm changing his diaper, he will inevitably crane his neck around to see if Daddy is coming in the door for a quick surprise. Daddy is a constant source of excitement and enthusiasm, and it's fun for all of us. Graham waves his little arms, gives a HUGE smile, and jabbers, jabbers, and squeals - all of which say, in effect, "Daddy, you are the coolest thing on this earth, and I'm so glad people say I look exactly like you because maybe it means I'll be as cool as you someday too!"

In other news, we've had a few visitors come through - I'm including a few pics from a visit with Uncle Andrew & Lauren from Seattle, and Grandmother Kathy & Granddad Tom from Idaho. We love our time with family! Grandma Laura & Grandpa LeRoy, we can't wait for May!!








































6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Molly,
Graham seems so full of life.

I'd love to reconnect with you. I'm not sure if my email address is connected to this comment? If you leave a comment on my blog, it will attach your email address to it (I know sounds convoluted). I'm glad to see you are doing well.

cara :)

LeeAnn said...

We check your blog. Oh this is Jeff not LeeAnn. . . too much work to sign out.

Kimberlee said...

so glad to see and update with photos! not that i don't get to see you guys, but i am one of those who check your blog daily :) so keep on writing!

and in case i haven't said it enough lately, graham is too cute :)

Kay Lynn said...

I check your blog too, Molly! Love you and miss you guys. We need another holiday!

joe said...

Thanks for the update. we were wondering about the progress of mini-pat.

The photos are so cute. he is very engaging with the camera.

AK-mom said...

Wow!! I wait a week to check your blog and missed this. I love the photos and your musings. Give him a big hug from his grandmother.

We love you and miss you.