Monday, November 12, 2012

Today was a great day.

My heart is so full ... the raucous sounds of all three of my boys playing together, with Lazslow lagging behind trying to find a place to fit in.  Pat stayed home today with Graham who had no school due to Veterans Day.  I went to work and concentrated on some tough things there.  And now he's been home before dinner, for dinner, and here for the after-dinner ruckus ... uninterrupted because he's been here the whole time.  These are moments that make me hesitate to rejoice in the fun because I hope it's not some sort of strange foreboding of some "missing" in the future.

When Pat and Graham got back from the grocery store (they couldn't go any earlier because Graham took such a long nap), I asked him what they had done (knowing most of what they had planned) ... and the first thing he said was "We went to Menchies!"  (Menchies is the local frozen-yogurt/candy shop.)  They also did the library, had lunch together, played on the computer, and watched a show.  Caleb was at school so it was really and truly a Daddy-Graham day.  And let me tell you, he's noticed.  His smile is so broad and comfortable .. and loved.

And for me, it is pretty unbelievably validating to know Pat was here for our morning preparation, the departure (seeing how many bags I pack and take to the car on a Monday morning), and to know that he even ended the day with a trip to the grocery store with a boy, knowing he needed to return with items for dinner.

Pat has been being more intentional lately, in experiencing life and loving family ... and I am so thankful.  I love you, Babe, and I am so thankful to have the gift of doing life with you.



1 comment:

AK-mom said...

I love it! You guys are great parents! Can't wait to see you all.