Sunday, March 20, 2011

34 weeks, and this may be the only pregnant picture we have!


This is a picture in front of our finally finished wainscoting & base boards (the columns are still a work in process). We are at 34 weeks now - 6 short weeks from the day "they" "say" baby will come. I have been told to plan for earlier, so that if it goes later, I'll be thankful. I realized a few weeks ago that I was counting on being at least 6 days overdue ... considering work tasks and home tasks. But a friend wisely suggested that I should plan for the other option since not being ready would certainly have more significant consequences.

We've been talking with neighbors and friends, establishing plans for when he does decide to make his debut. My mom won't be able to join us in advance, which is tough, but realistic, considering her school schedule (and I'm glad to know in advance). I will really miss having her there when he comes into the world - it was special having her in the room when G was born. She'll still have good time to make a significant impression, though. I know she won't be able to stay away for long - we'll make sure she knows all the flight times for a quick and timely purchase when he does decide to begin his entry march.

Graham is doing well - his favorite toy is still his ladder - this has been a consistent favorite for over a year now. The type of imaginary play changes daily - from a "robot center store" (with the laundry basket) to a choo-choo train, to a grocery store, to a fort / house / tugboat. I love to see the imagination at work! I'm including a few pics of some of his other favorite toys, and one with Daddy when we visited Pat's site to see "Daddy's crane!"





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Molly!

Took said...

You look fantastic!

joe said...

You look great! Nice photo of Ma and Pa Rank in the background too.

Was the photo of Pat and Graham taken before or after Pat let him drive the crane?

mollyb said...

Joe, it's taken after - he's displaying his fine handiwork. You just can't see the massive destruction. ;) He was so excited! "My daddy is a fireman?" "No, Graham, firemen don't use cranes - construction workers use cranes." "My daddy is a ...unstruction worker." Yes Graham, that's right.

Brittany said...

I'm getting so excited for you guys! Yay! Can't wait to see you and the WHOLE family at the wedding! *hugs* Love you!

rshelleb said...

Wow!! I can't wait til we come out for Andrew/Lauren's wedding and then I can hold the newest little Rank!! We miss you guys! You sure look terrific!! Love You!!