Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It may seem strange ... <3<3 (those are supposed to be hearts)


It may seem funny to some of you that I get a little twinge of excitement when I open my desk drawer to pull out my calculator. But that's indeed what has been happening recently. I'll think, yeah, that's too complex for my head alone, I need some help .... oh! Dad's classic HP calculator!


Then I'll reach in the drawer and pull out this dinosaur. I only call it a dinosaur because this particular unit has been around the block a few times. But I think I've seen these old classics still being sold! And that's because they're so straightforward ... and antique-feeling ;) wink wink.


Mom found that she had two in the desk drawer after Dad died, so she let me take this one. I love using this baby and smiling as I remember Dad trying to explain how the "stacks" work and the special way of entering the numbers. I didn't grasp it then, but once I "got" how it works, I found that it totally works for me. Plus, I just love being part of the "in" club.

No comments: