Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving in Idaho - what a great time!

We spent Thanksgiving in Idaho this year, as we have for all the years we have been married- except for the year we went to NYC. Graham and I left Friday morning, and Pat and Lazslow left on Tuesday night - and arrived Wednesday monring because (thankfully!) he stopped to sleep on the way. My brother Andrew and his girlfriend Lauren came in on Wednesdsay night and they left after us on Sunday.

We had an amazing time with our family - making memories and impressions that I hope will last for a long time - for all of us. For Graham and me, it was really neat to be able to spend so much time with Mom & Dad / Grandmother & Granddad ... and Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins. I think there was definitely some "imprinting" that happened ... meaning that I think he really got to bond with GM & GD ... and Uncle Andrew and Lauren too.

Particular memories that come to mind:

- Bathtime in the kitchen sink ... that right-hand sink proved to be just the right size for our little turkey!
- Watching Australia in the movie theater with a sleeping infant (he slept for 2.5 hrs, then my mom took him out when he woke up).
- Not having to make any meals ... except for one lunch. Actually, this was as tough as it was easy - I really missed cooking in my kitchen!
- Successfully making a really good cheesecake - my first time! Marbled pumpkin - mmm yummy!!
- Having one-on-one time with my Aunt Lu Lu and both girl cousins, Kay Lynn and Laura.
- A great time with family on Thanksgiving ... Graham slept through the main course - waking up for dessert and coffee.
- Getting to see my mom and dad making Graham coo and smile.
- My Aunt Lu Lu's ability to soothe Graham ... during the church service, and at home on Thanksgiving.
- Going out for dinner and coffee with my husband - sans bebe!
- Ability to work on a new project in my mom's craft room; knowing Graham was having a good time with his Grandmother.
- Sharing care-giving for Graham with my mom and dad - something we all really enjoyed.






2 comments:

apemarie said...

I'm sorry I was out of town the entire time you were in town. I would have loved some face time with the Graham-man :~)

Andrew said...

I miss Graham. Please post more photos.